Ask is moving to Stack Overflow and Serverfault.com! Please use the "opendaylight" tag on either of these sites. This site is now in Read-Only mode

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

BundleException during start-up of Stable Beryllium Branch

Hi Team,

I am trying to run OpenDayLight controller on Windows and followed all instructions mentioned in Wiki page. This include setting up settings.xml file and setting up all environment variables as mentioned.

I have checked out stable/beryllium branch from Git and built the project with "mvn clean install -Dcheckstyle.skip=true -DskipTests -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true" command.

There were no build errors. When I tried to execute "karaf.bat" file, I am not getting OpenDayLight OSGI prompt. There are no errors in karaf.log file and last entry in that file is - Apr 06, 2016 6:24:07 PM org.apache.karaf.main.Main$KarafLockCallback lockAquired INFO: Lock acquired. Setting startlevel to 100

I am able to see errors in data/cache log file where I am seeing org.osgi.framework.BundleException exception.


!SESSION 2016-04-06 19:10:05.936 ----------------------------------------------- eclipse.buildId=unknown java.version=1.8.0_45 java.vendor=Oracle Corporation BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2016-04-06 19:10:05.952 !MESSAGE error loading hook: org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.equinox.extensions.hooks.ExtensionsHookConfigurator !STACK 0 java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.equinox.extensions.hooks.ExtensionsHookConfigurator at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264) at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.HookRegistry.loadConfigurators(HookRegistry.java:176) at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.HookRegistry.initialize(HookRegistry.java:100) at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.<init>(BaseAdaptor.java:98) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.EquinoxLauncher.internalInit(EquinoxLauncher.java:67) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.EquinoxLauncher.init(EquinoxLauncher.java:37) at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.init(Equinox.java:178) at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.launch(Main.java:232) at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.main(Main.java:167) !ENTRY org.apache.xbean.bundleutils 4 0 2016-04-06 19:10:06.470 !MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR !STACK 0 org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle "org.apache.xbean.bundleutils_3.18.0 [4]" could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Import-Package: org.slf4j; version="[1.5.0,2.0.0)" at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolverError(AbstractBundle.java:1332) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolutionFailureException(AbstractBundle.java:1316) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:323) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:390) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1176) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:438) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:1) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)


It would be great help if someone suggest me workaround to resolve these errors. I have tried to alter some of the pom file with no luck.

Regards, Manoj Macwan